If you have an Amazon account and receive a “your amazon account is temporarily on hold” email, you have come to the right place. Our easy guide on “how to fix my amazon account on hold” will help you access your Amazon account in the least frustrating and convenient way and answer a critical customer question regarding “Why is my Amazon account on hold”. But first, let us dive into our available support options to fix the Amazon account placed on hold issue through this easy guide.
How to Remove hold on Amazon account?
Amazon can lock or hold any type of account on accord with security reasons, even if it is a yearly Prime account or a prestigious five-starred seller account.
In most cases, Amazon might place your amazon account on hold after order because the billing details on the invoice do not match the information on the card issued during the transaction.
According to Amazon, such drastic actions are taken for preventive security purposes, such as stopping identity theft or using your Amazon account for a dropshipping business.
This full guide aims to rectify any misunderstanding Amazon executives might have with your account, thereby fixing your Amazon account on hold. Even if you are locked out of your Amazon account, we can help out, so don’t lose hope and read on!
Solutions To Fix Amazon Account On Hold
- Contact Amazon customer care support through Email
- Contact Amazon customer service through cell phone
- Contact Customer Support through live chat
- Upload Documents to Amazon directly
- Send an email to the Amazon CEO office
1. Contact Amazon customer Care Support through Email
- Firstly, if your Amazon account is on hold, it is necessary to find your Amazon account is temporarily on hold email sent to your email account registered on Amazon.
- You can contact the account specialist of Amazon by replying directly via email.
- Ensure that you connect the necessary document and information asked in return to restore your Amazon account.
If you have not received any Amazon account on hold email, then proceed with the following steps:
- Open a browser on any device (preferably laptop) and head over to the official Amazon page.
- Click on the Need help? Link in the Sign-In column and expand the list of options.
- Press Other issues with sign-in.
- Select Account & login issues mentioned under the support options, and subsequently click on I cannot sign in to my account.
- You will receive an email promptly, upon which compose an email describing the conditions under which your seller or buyer accounts were placed on hold temporarily, mention all personal details such as telephone contact email address, and finally ask for the account to be reinstated.
- Soon after you will receive a reply from the customer service on your email address containing the Amazon account on hold form and the steps required to unlock your account.
- You can place further queries by replying to the same email address.
2. Contact Amazon customer service through cell phone:
If you don’t have Internet at the moment, you can use your cell phone to place a call to Amazon customer service from anywhere in the world. The Amazon customer service phone numbers are:
- +1 (206)-266-2992 (If you are the U.S.)
- 1-888-230-4331 (If you are outside the U.S.)
After connecting with the toll-free numbers (based on your carrier info), the automated calling system will perform phone verification by sending an OTP to your cell phone. Soon after, you will be placed on the waiting list to talk with the Customer service and wait patiently for your turn.
While talking with the Amazon account specialist over your cell phone, reply correctly to any question asked from their side, and when given a chance, convey your condition to them in detail the situations under which your Amazon account was placed on hold. You might be asked for:
- Your Amazon account email address
- Bank statement of the payment you made for the last order.
- Proof of your default shipping address
- Invoice of other order that can to the default address
If they find the verified information correct and according to their database, they will release your Amazon account on hold.
3. Contact Customer Support through Live Chat:
If you are looking for a different way to get back your Amazon seller account on hold, you can try the live Customer care support through online chat. To perform these steps, you need to be logged in to Amazon through a different working account (make a new one if you don’t have a working one). Follow the steps below to recover your Amazon account:
- Login to your new Amazon account that wasn’t placed on hold.
- After logging in, click on the Contact Us button, and press the Start chatting now option.
- A chat box opens similar to other social media sites and compile a short message stating that you had received an Amazon account on hold email and why they had placed your amazon account on hold after order.
- After sending a message, an Amazon account specialist will be assigned to you, and type the information being asked directly in the chatbox.
- Once your case has been verified, you will see your Amazon account reinstated within the next couple of days, if not soon after.
4. Upload Documents to Amazon directly:
It becomes a breeze to recover your Amazon account on hold when you provide documents to them proving your name, shipping address, billing address, etc. Hence, before sending over the pdf of verified legitimate documents, make sure you are mailing these via your Amazon-registered email address.
- Open your email address inbox by entering your credentials.
- Search for the confirmation mail sent after your last order on Amazon
- Click on the product link inside the email, and it will redirect you to your original Amazon account temporarily.
- Try purchasing any random product from the shopping page. You will see a message stating,” Your Amazon account is locked, and orders are on hold.”
- Enter the correct billing details to remove the Amazon account on hold after order status, and attach supporting documents below mentioning the right Document type.
5. Send an email to the Amazon CEO office:
If you still cannot recover your Amazon account, it’s time to send a mail to the CEO office of Amazon. Amazon had made the email address public, and the same address can be used to enquire about your Amazon account status. The email address is Jeff@amazon.com.
While sending the mail, include your personal and buyer or seller account info, making it easier to identify the Amazon account on hold. Also, remember to send the mail through the email address associated with your Amazon account.
You will get access to your Amazon account on hold in a short while if you follow our full guide. Since the Amazon customer is huge and COVID has plagued our world, the actions might take a while to bear results. Leave a comment below to let us know how you managed to recover your Amazon account.