Recently, Amazon has made an addition to its collection and added Peacock on firestick in its store. Amazon Fire Stick is a device that has made streaming easier for a lot of users. But, few people know how to get Peacock TV on FireStick. So, if you fall in the category of not knowing how to download it, you are at the right place.
Soon you will know everything that is there to know about downloading Peacock TV. Also, if you live outside the USA, you can install it on your FireStick using the sideload method. If you want to know more, then scroll ahead to the details on downloading or sideloading Peacock TV.
Everything You Need For Peacock App On Firestick
You need not many things to get the Peacock TV app on FireStick. You only need the basic things such as:
- Your internet connection should be robust so that your activities are not interrupted.
- You should have a working FireStick device with its updated OS version.
- You should have enough space on your FireStick to install Peacock TV and the Downloader app.
As long as these things are in place, you do not need anything else. Now that you have checked the things you need, you can proceed with the steps you need to perform.
Get Peacock TV On Firestick
- Steps To Install Peacock TV On FireStick
- Create Your Peacock TV Account To Use It On FireStick
- Steps To Watch Peacock TV For FireStick Users
- Steps To Update Peacock On FireStick
1. Steps To Install Peacock TV On FireStick
People living in the USA are in luck as they can now get Peacock TV from Amazon. After almost a year of launch, it has made its debut on Amazon. All you have to do is go to the Amazon App Store and download it from there. There is no need to use the sideloading method.
But, the sideloading method is still useful for those residing outside the USA. Steps for the sideloading method are also provided ahead in this segment.
A. Steps To Install Peacock TV From Amazon App Store:
Before getting started, keep in mind that this method only works for people residing in the USA. If you reside in a country other than the USA, follow the second method. As for USA residents, this method will work:
- Navigate to the home screen and open Find.
- From find, select the Search option.
- Search for Peacock TV in the search box using the voice command or virtual keyboard. You can do so with the help of your Firestick remote.
- A list of several suggestions will appear as a result of your search. Select the Peacock TV result from the list.
- Go to the Apps and Games section and click on the Peacock TV option provided under it.
- Any one of the options from these two will be visible to you; Download or Get. Click on the option that’s visible to you to start the downloading process.
The downloading process will take a while. Once it’s finished, you can run the Peacock TV app on your device to enjoy the streaming.
B. Steps To Install Peacock TV On Firestick Through Sideload Method
Another effective way to download Peacock on FireStick is sideloading. This method works for those who reside outside of the USA. Also, people who fall under a region where Peacock TV is not yet available on Amazon can try this method out. So, to sideload, you need to do three things:
- Download the Downloader application on your device.
- Change the permission settings of apps from other/unknown sources.
- Sideload Peacock on Firestick.
You can find a thorough guide with steps ahead to do these three things.
C. Get the Downloader application:
It’s quite obvious that to sideload; you need an application that will act as a medium. Downloader is a most common app that is often used by FireStick users for that purpose. You can follow these instructions to get it on your device:
- Navigate to the Search window by clicking on the Find option on your home screen. For older versions of Fire TV, you need to tap on the magnifying glass icon. You may find it at the top left corner of your screen.
- In the search bar, search for Downloader. From the search result, click on the Downloader option.
- A new window will appear. Tap on the icon of Downloader.
- Select the Download/Get option to start installing the Downloader application on Firestick.
Once you have downloaded the app, move to the next step given ahead.
D. Change the permission settings of apps from other/unknown sources:
Sideloading is a third-party activity. To ensure that these activities are not interrupted, you need to enable the Allow settings. So, to enable such settings, follow these steps:
- From the middle bar on your Firestick, tap on the Gear or Settings icon.
- Now, open My Fire TV.
- Navigate to Developer Options from there.
- From Developer options, tap on “Install Unknown Apps.” In the older version of FireStick Apps from Unknown Sources, the option will be visible. Click on it instead.
- From the results that display on the screen, select the Downloader option. Select the ON option to enable its Allow Settings. If you are using an older version, a prompt might appear on the screen; click on YES.
Now you can download Peacock on Firestick without any interruption. The steps for downloading it are below.
E. Start the sideloading of Peacock TV:
The final stage of this method is to sideload Peacock on Firestick. Here are the steps to sideload it:
- Press down the Home Key for a few seconds on your remote. A pop-up window will appear. Click on the Apps option from it.
- Try to locate and launch the Downloader app from the Apps window.
- As you are using Downloader for the first time, a series of prompts will appear. Click on the Dismiss option of the prompts to make them go away.
- Navigate to the URL bar and click on it to enter the following URL:
- Make sure to type it correctly and check it once before hitting the Go button.
- As the Peacock TV APK gets downloaded on your device, wait for a while. The process might take one or two minutes.
- Select the Install option after the download is complete. You may find it downwards in the right corner.
- Let the installation process of Peacock TV complete.
- Select the Done option when prompted. It means that you have successfully installed the Peacock TV file on your FireStick.
- Now you can navigate to the Downloader app and delete the APK file of the Peacock TV. It will help you clear up some space.
You can launch the Peacock TV on your FireStick by clicking on its icon.
2. Create Your Peacock TV Account To Use It On FireStick
Now that you have Peacock on Firestick, you must know the process of signing up to enjoy its services. Follow these steps to sign-up for Peacock TV’s subscription:
- Visit Peacock TV’s Official Website. Right now, it offers three types of plans:
- Peacock Free of Cost (No Subscription Required)
- Peacock Premium (With Ads)
- Peacock Premium Plus (Without Ads)
These plans are available on a monthly and yearly basis.
- To see the yearly subscription details click on “See Annual Plans.” You may find this option at the bottom right corner of the webpage.
- Select the Show Plan details option available on the website. Doing so will give you insight into each plan’s services that Peacock TV has to offer.
- After viewing the details of all the available plans, select the one that is the most suitable for you.
- Once you select the suitable plan, now you will need to create your Peacock TV account. Provide your credentials such as email address, contact info, and password.
- Now tap on “Create Account.”
After you have created your Peacock TV account, you will receive an email. To confirm your subscription, click on the link provided in the email. It will verify your email address and authenticate your account.
Also, keep in mind that the paid plan offers a special 7-days free trial. It is applicable to all the new customers of Peacock TV. If you already have a subscription to Xfinity or Cox, you might not need the subscription. You will already have premium access to Peacock TV without any extra cost.
3. Steps To Watch Peacock TV For FireStick Users
After installing Peacock TV and creating your account on it, you should know the steps to watch it. You only need access to the Peacock app on your device to do so. You can execute these steps to watch Peacock TV on your FireStick:
- On the home screen of FireStick, click on the three dots available on the right side of the middle bar.
- Scroll downwards till you see the icon of Peacock TV. Tap on it to launch it.
- To open the app from FireStick’s home screen, you can also:
- Press the 3-line button known as the menu button on FireStick’s remote.
- A popup window will appear. From the bottom right corner, select the Move option. Now take the Peacock TV icon and drop it in the first row.
Wait for a while till the Peacock TV app gets launched on your device. You can select the Sign-in option if you have not already signed up.
4. Steps To Update Peacock On FireStick
Users who have downloaded it from the store do not need to update the Peacock TV app. It will get updated by default. But, you need to make sure that your FireStick has enabled Automatic Updates settings:
- Open the FireStick Settings.
- Navigate to Applications and select the App Store.
- Turn on the Automatic Updates option.
Users who used the sideloading method to install Peacock TV need another solution:
- First, Uninstall Peacock TV from your FireStick
- Perform the sideloading method again to install the fresh version of Peacock TV.
After the download is complete, you will see that the Peacock TV has its latest OS version.
Conclusion – Add Peacock TV On Amazon Firestick
If you have gone through the entire guide, then nothing can stop you from using Peacock on Firestick. Keep in mind that those living in the USA region can download it from the Amazon Store. But, those who live outside the USA would have to go through the sideloading method.
If you use the sideload method, don’t forget to change the permission settings. Otherwise, you won’t be able to download anything from a third party on your FireStick.
FAQs – Peacock TV On Fire TV Stick
Do You Need Peacock Premium Plus For Amazon Fire Stick?
To use Peacock TV on FireStick, it’s not mandatory to have a premium plan. Peacock TV offers a free plan too. Also, its paid plans are available for a 7-day free trial. But, it is only applicable to new customers.
Can You Update Peacock Through Amazon Appstore?
If you have installed Peacock TV from Amazon Appstore, then it will get updated by default. But, make sure that you have enabled Automatic Update settings on your FireStick.
If the settings are not on, then you might have to update it on your own. Users who sideloaded the Peacock TV on their FireStick cannot update it from Amazon. You will need to uninstall the app and then re-install it using the sideloading method.
Is Roku Better Than Amazon For Streaming Service?
Many people prefer Roku instead of Fire TV Stick. But, if you compare the features, then FireStick has a lot to offer. It allows you to use voice commands through a remote. Roku doesn’t offer such features. Thus, your streaming experience becomes more enjoyable with Fire TV Stick.
How To Get Automatic Updates From The Amazon Store?
To get Automatic Updates from Amazon Store, go to the Home Screen and select the Settings option. Now, try to locate the Applications options and open it. From there, go to Appstore. With the use of the center button, set Automatic Updates to ON.