What is the Find My AirPods feature?
We will tell you a solution to the problem of How To Add AirPods To Find My iPhone. The Find My AirPods feature is helpful when you lose your AirPods somewhere and are not sure where. But want to find them.
AirPods come in a small size, making them convenient to take anywhere with us we want. But a few times, their small size becomes a problem when the turn comes to find them when we forget to keep them in their righteous place.
And at that time, Find My AirPods comes into the picture. This service is available on Mac, iPhone, and other Apple Devices. The Find My AirPods feature helps map the AirPods using the Apple device And assists you to find your lost AirPods easily.
How do you add a device to find my iPhone?
To add a device to Find My iPhone, you will need to obey the below instructions:
Add iPhone/iPad/iPod to Find My iPhone –
- Firstly, go to your device settings.
- Now tap on your device name and select iCloud.
- In the iCloud, turn on the Find My iPhone services.
Add Mac to Find My iPhone –
- Click over the Apple logo on your device and select System Preferences”.
- Now, select iCloud and scroll down until you find the “Find My Mac” on your system.
- Select the checkbox in front of it and if asked for admin permissions. Enter your password.
How to remove a device from Find My iPhone?
Are you are willing to remove any device from your Find My iPhone. Then you can do it by following the below instructions:
- The first and foremost thing you’ll need to do is, power off the device you are using. And if you’re using AirPods, put your AirPods inside the case and close it.
Note – Power off is applied on all the other devices including the beats headphones.
- Now go to the Find My Phone services and locate the Devices options. Next, go to the offline device that you want to remove from Find My Phone. Press on the remove this device option and remove it.
This way you can easily remove the device from the Find My Phone services.
Use iCloud.com Instead of the Find My App Service:
How to Use a Computer to Find Lost AirPods?
By any chance, if you don’t have your iPhone available with you and still want your AirPods. Then don’t worry, you can still use your computer to map your AirPods. And to do this, follow the instructions below:
- For this, visit iCload.com/find on your system.
- Now, Sign in with your Apple ID and go to all the devices.
- Select your AirPods from there.
You can check the last location of your AirPods and get to your AirPods with the help of your system.
How to Setup Your AirPods to Work with the Find My App on the iPhone?
Set Up Find My iPhone and Your Airpods
If you want to Find My application on your iPhone to work for you. You first need to connect your AirPods with your iPhone and enable it to connect with your device. So later, you can easily map your AirPods through your iPhone device or iCloud website.2
To let your iPhone map your AirPods, you will need to the lost mode on your AirPods. For this, obey the instructions below:
Turn on the Find My iPhone function on iPhone
- Open the System preferences or settings on your iPhone.
- Tap on your user name and select iCloud.
- Now, if you will scroll down. You will find the Find My iPhone option.
- Open it. And select devices.
- Select the Airpods you want to set up with your mobile phone.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and choose to Activate.
- Now proceed by tapping on continue.
- You will need to add your phone number and it and tap next.
- At last, enable the Notify When Found option. And you are good to go.
Once you find your AirPods, turn off the lost mode.
How to Find Lost AirPods Case
It is not always AirPods but their case too. Many times it happens, we connect the AirPods and leave the case open. And after some time, when we want to keep back the AirPods, we forget where we last left the case. Okay! But you need not have to be worried if you have lost your AirPods case and use the Find My app on your Apple device.
Now to locate the Lost AirPod case, follow the below instructions:
- Go to the System Settings of your iPhone device.
- Next, tap on your user name and select iCloud.
- Now, Scroll down. And locate the Find My App, and press on it.
- Select devices and check the last location of the AirPod case.
- Additionally, You can also check whether it is nearby or far from us by indicating the Green and the Grey lights on the Map.
Using the Find My Service
Find My Service comes with a bunch of practically useful features. Like view location, play sounds, notify when found, notify when you left your device behind, remotely erase option, and a lost mode.
You can use the Find My Service in these three steps:
- First, Open the Find My app.
- Select the Devices option.
- Proceed with the device you want to locate.
It works even when your device is not connected to Wi-Fi if the Find My Network option is turned on. If you don’t know, let me tell you. Find My Network is an encrypted feature for all Apple users to locate their devices.
Pairing with an iPhone or iPad
Apple has designed AirPods to connect to your iPhone seamlessly, so it is an easy procedure to pair them. Yet, like all Bluetooth devices, you can head into problems when attempting to link your AirPods to your iPhone. Here follow our lead and know how to pair your AirPods to an iPhone and what measures you can take when AirPods would not pair.
Note: Before connecting your AirPods to your iPhone, make sure you have turned the Bluetooth on. To turn Bluetooth ON, go to the Settings on your gadget. Then go to Bluetooth. The time you would allow Bluetooth, the slider will turn green.
Follow the below-given steps to add your AirPods to an iPhone:
- To add your AirPods to an iPhone, place your AirPods in its case and lock it.
- Then go to the home screen on your iPhone & your AirPod case should be open and held close right next to your iPhone.
- Eventually, tap on the Connect option when you notice the setup prompt arise.
- Set your AirPods inside the case and close it. You will require to hold the AirPods in their case for a time of like 15 seconds. Keep in mind that your AirPods have a decent battery to operate and connect.
- After that, go to the home screen of your iPhone. On older versions of the iPhone, you can do this by pressing the Home button at the bottom of your screen.
- On an iPhone X or more recent, you will require to swipe up quickly from the bottom of your screen.
- Directly open the AirPod case next to your iPhone. For most satisfactory outcomes, hold your AirPods right close to your iPhone.
- Eventually, tap on the Connect option when you notice the setup prompt arises.
- If this is your first time pairing your AirPods to the specific iPhone you are using right now, the setup prompt will direct you through other settings. For example, to enable the Hey Siri function.
At last, pursue the on-screen guidance and tap DONE to link the AirPods to your iPhone. You can also skip all the measures by tapping the x icon on the top-right corner of the pop-up window.
Once you have linked your AirPods to your iPhone, they should immediately reconnect every time you set them in your ears. You would not require to go through the setup procedure. You will merely notice a little notification occurring at the top of your screen, allowing you to know that your AirPods are linked.
In some cases, you would not be able to see the Connect button or might have other troubles pairing your iPhone with your AirPods. Then you require to connect your devices manually with each other. By obeying the following procedure, you can accomplish that.
Manually Connect Your AirPods to your iPhone:
If you fail to connect your AirPods to your iPhone, on even obeying the above-given measures, you will need to connect them manually. To do so:
- Position the AirPods back likewise into the case and close it.
- Then, open the case next to your iPhone. Push and hold the button on the rear of the case until you observe a blinking white light on it.
- Eventually, press Connect when it originates on the screen.
- On the front side of your AirPods (if you hold the AirPod Pro version), you will find this Status light that indicates the status.
Unpair Your AirPods and Pair Them Again
If you are having trouble connecting your AirPods, then unpairing and pairing back could fix the issue. Follow the instructions below to pair your AirPods again.do the following:
For iPhone or iPad:
- To unpair your AirPods.
- Go to the Bluetooth setting.
- There you will be able to see the paired devices.
- Now, click over the device you want to unpair and select unpair the device.
- Next, remove the device from the Bluetooth paired lists, and click over the search new device.
- Now, once your AirPods name appears in the nearby devices.
- Select and pair your device again.
- Go to the system settings.
- And search for Bluetooth.
- In the paired devices, select and remove the AirPods.
- Next, search for the available devices nearby and select your AirPods.
- And pair your AirPods again.
Frequently asked questions about the AirPods:
Can You Add AirPods To Apple ID?
Yes, of course. Once you connect your device to your AirPods, your APPLE ID will get attached too.
Can Someone Use Lost AirPods?
Maybe, yes. Once your AirPods are out of the range & are not reachable by your device, someone else can pair and use them.
What Happens If Your AirPods Disappear From Find My IPhone?
If your AirPods disappear from your Find My iPhone, then most likely the battery has died or someone else started using them & they are out of range from your location.
What To Do If You Can’t Find Lost AirPods?
If you have lost your AirPods and can not find them, then Find My Service might help. But for that, they should be a bit charged or should be in an estimated range.
Is It Possible To Find Your AirPods Even When They Are Not Connected?
If your AirPods are in their case & are not attached to any iOS device by Bluetooth, they will not show up on Find My AirPods.