Twitch has become quite a popular platform to watch video game streams of gamers worldwide. It has gameplay videos but is also a hub for other content. Yet, the advertisements prove to be an annoying inconvenience.
That’s where the Adblocker and the extensions come into play. It helps in blocking or removing advertisements. But, you can run into Adblock not working on Twitch error.
This can lead to an array of problems like advertisements not getting blocked. Other issues include more advertisements or errors while loading videos on Twitch.
Hence, we are bringing you a guide to help you navigate and fix the Adblock doesn’t work on Twitch issue. This is a well-researched list with 14 different fixes compiled to help you out. Some of these might be third-party solutions. But, you will undoubtedly find a way to fix it. So, let’s begin:
Reasons For Adblocker Not Working On Twitch
It could be daunting to figure out why Adblock is not working on Twitch. You might waste too much time trying to figure out the cause of the error. Thus, we are bringing you a compiled list of reasons. This will help you ease the diagnosis and find a correlating solution:
- You might have an outdated Adblock extension or tool. This can easily lead to Twitch and other platforms passing through the blocker. Thus, you will see advertisements. It is pivotal to keep your Adblocker up to date.
- Your Adblocker might not have well-configured settings. If there’s anything wrong with the settings, you will run into plenty of problems.
- Other browser extensions are blocking or hindering the Adblock’s performance. This is one of the common issues. If you have too many browser extensions, it is time to simplify them. Remove the ones you don’t use anymore.
- Your browser settings (especially Chrome) aren’t on point. Incorrect settings can lead to a problem. Correlatively, make sure that you have a compatible browser. There’s no harm in trying other web browsers. Find the ones that work best for you.
- The filters for Twitch on the Adblock aren’t working. You have to customize and optimize these for the best performance and efficiency.
Solutions For Adblock Doesn’t Work On Twitch Ads
- Update The AdBlock Extension
- Reinstall The AdBlock
- Use A Different Web Browser
- Change The Adblocker
- Grant Access To Network Service
- Time To Make Changes To AdBlock Settings
- Filters And Advanced Settings
- Check For Any Conflicting Extension
- Use A VPN Service
- Try An Android Emulator
- Try Streamlink Twitch GUI
- Use Twitch TV Alternate Player
- Subscribe To The Streamer
- Use Twitch Turbo
Fix Adblock Doesn’t Work On Twitch
1. Update The AdBlock Extension
The very first step for you should be to update the AdBlock extension. Almost every app, tool, or extension rolls our updates from time to time. AdBlock has to keep up with everything to provide you with excellent adblocking. After all, companies like Twitch are consistently trying to overlap the blocker. Thus, Adblocker also has to roll out consistent updates.
This being said, use an Adblocker that does provide you with consistent updates. If there haven’t been many updates recently and you run into a problem, change the AdBlock.
Most modern tools, including extensions, come with automatic updates. But, some don’t come with this feature. Correlatively, you might have the automatic updates turned off. So, it is worth doing manually:
- Launch your internet browser. We will take Google Chrome as an example for the instructions. So, open Google Chrome.
- Go to the menu option at the top-right corner. It is the Three Dots Icon (vertical).
- Find the ‘More Tools’ option. Hover your cursor to that and select Extension from the new menu that opens up.
- You will see a ‘Developer Mode’ at the top-right corner. Toggle it on.
- This will show you more options. Update will be one of the options. Click on it. This option won’t let you select an extension to update. It will update all the extensions that you have. If you have too many extensions, it will take time.
- Once updated, make sure to restart your browser.
- Visit Twitch and see if this solves the issue.
2. Reinstall The AdBlock
If updating the AdBlock didn’t work, it is time for you to reinstall. For this, you will first have to remove the extension from your browser. Once again, we will take Google Chrome as a reference to remove extensions:
- Launch Google Chrome. You will see the Three Dots for a Menu option in the top-right corner. Next to them should be the User ID Icon (The one Chrome uses atm) and then the extension option.
- The Extension icon looks like a puzzle piece. Click on it. You can see all the extensions in the list.
- Now, you can click on the Manage Extensions option or click on the three dots next to the extension. If you click on Manage extensions, it will open a page with all extensions. You can remove the extensions from there.
- If you click on three dots, you will have the Remove From Chrome option available. Click on it. This is a shortcut method.
If you can’t see the puzzle icon for extensions, go to the original Menu and click on More Tools then Extensions. Rest, you will know what to do.
- Once you uninstall the extension. Make sure to clear Google Chrome’s cache files in the History. After that, restart Google Chrome.
- Visit the official Adblock website and redownload the extension.
- You can also visit Google Chrome’s extension store to find and download an Ad Blocker.
- Once you redownload. Check to see if this solves the issue.
Usually, when you redownload an extension, you will get an updated version. It also takes care of any corrupted files. If you had error-causing files, they wouldn’t be a problem.
3. Use A Different Web Browser
If none of the above-given options worked for you, it’s time to change the browser. Why’s that? Because sometimes, there are incompatibility issues with the browser.
Most developers release extensions for Google Chrome. So, that should be your ‘go-to’ choice if you want an AdBlock. But, if that’s not working, you can give Microsoft Edge Browser a try. It has become faster, compatible, and uses Chromium as the base.
You can use almost any browser that has Chromium as its source browser. Trying different browsers is a good idea because you can solve incompatibility.
Another great selection is a Brave Browser. It is a highly-secure and private browser. You don’t even need a VPN to use it. It takes care of most of your privacy requirements. The performance is impeccable, and it automatically eliminates advertisements. You might not even need an Adblock. But, if you want to reinforce the Adblock’s performance, you can use it with Brave.
4. Change The Adblocker
Just like your Web Browser, it’s possible for Adblocker not to be incompatible. It might not even be authentic or up to date. There are many factors to consider. For instance, Premium Ad Blockers need subscriptions to operate to the best capabilities. But, you don’t have to panic at all.
Several developers and companies are rolling out ad blockers. The point is, you can always browse and download more. All you need to make sure is that it is authentic enough. In other words, it should be safe for you to download. But, remember these points:
- Try to find credible developers and companies and download their AdBlockers. Don’t download just about any third-party AdBlockers.
- Check user reviews, ratings and comments on the Adblocker before downloading it.
- If needed, create a new ID and use the AdBlocker before aligning it to your original (pre-existing) ID.
- Make sure not to give too many permissions to the Adblocker. Always scan for Malware, Spyware and other similar contents.
Apart from these points, you should be good to go. There are many Ad Blockers available. All you need to do is find the one that might suit your needs. Here is the list of a couple of platforms you can try:
5. Grant Access to Network Service
Indeed, you can’t give too many permissions to extensions like an Adblocker. But, Chrome comes with a Network Service option. Most Adblockers need access to this service if you want them to work to the best capabilities.
If an AdBlock doesn’t have access to these services, it might not work at all. So, it is time for you to access some advanced settings and grant the service access:
- Launch Google Chrome and go to the Address bar. Clear it out and type:
- This is the place where you will find several features. These features might not be available by default. That’s because most are in testing modes or are up to the user’s consent. After all, these can cause loss of data, among other things. But, you don’t have to worry about that.
- Go to the Search Flag bar and find Network Service.
- If you can’t find it, there’s nothing you can do, and you will have to move to other solutions.
- If you find it. Do the following – Enable network service. Disable ‘Runs network service in-process.’ Then, disable ‘data reduction proxy with network service.’
Make sure to save the settings and relaunch the browser. See f this works for you. If not, disable Network Service.
6. Time To Make Changes To AdBlock Settings
If you have a competent Adblock, it should start blocking advertisements immediately. But, some extensions need you to enable the feature. For instance, you might have to select the websites to block the advertisements. Another example could be to enable the AdBlocker itself.
You can access settings for most by:
- Open your Web Browser.
- Find the extension’s icon and click on it. See if there are options and features for you to toggle.
- You can also go to the extension settings and find the general settings to see a feature for Twitch TV.
- Restart the browser and your PC.
Make sure to check out different features. Most Adblocks have a guide or help to you activate these features. Some of these features include a White or Black List, a Custom List of websites, and so on. You might have extra options with premium subscriptions.
7. Filters And Advanced Settings
If you find it challenging to enable features or use them, there’s a simple way. This step will help you enable and customize most AdBlock options. It is a way for you to change the settings without going too deep into the diagnosis. Here’s how:
- First, launch Google chrome. Go to the Adblock extension’s icon. It should be in the top-right corner. Click on it, and it should have a settings icon (usually a gear).
- Once you go to the Settings page. Click on the Customize option. Find ‘Manually Edit Your Filters.’ Click on the Edit button next to it.
- It might seem a little complicated, but all you need to do is copy-paste these:
- Make sure to save the settings and relaunch Google Chrome or any browser you’re using. See if this solves the issues.
8. Check For Any Conflicting Extension
One of the best things that you can do is check other extensions. As mentioned earlier, extensions are independent. They are not created to always work with other extensions.
The primary aim is to work with the browser to the best capabilities. Nobody can predict the extensions that you might have. As a result, some combinations might conflict with each other.
So, if you want to check the conflicting extensions, do the following:
- Keep your Adblocker active. Go to the extension’s options and start disabling each one. Load Twitch TV website and see if disabling anyone allows Adblocker to work.
- If that doesn’t work, you might have to remove extensions one by one. Retry the same thing and see if you find an extension conflicting with an Adblocker.
- If you find the one causing a problem, uninstall or remove it. You can also just disable it while using Adblocker for Twitch TV. See if this works as a solution.
Sometimes, if you use VPN, the features could hinder the extensions. So, you can also try disabling them and retrying the adblocker.
9. Use A VPN Service
VPNs have become quite popular. There’s no doubt that they come with an array of benefits. This includes the advantage of skipping or avoiding advertisements.
You can skip many advertisements. Twitch TV also doesn’t show advertisements in many countries. Some of these include Russia, Costa Rica, Israel, Ukraine, Serbia, etc. So, by connecting VPN to a corresponding country’s server, you can avoid advertisements.
10. Try An Android Emulator And App For Twitch
A great way to bypass all the advertisements is by using an emulator. An emulator for Android or iOS allows you to get the Android or iOS experience on the PC. But, you need to have a high specifications PC.
If you have a low-specs PC, you will have a corrupted emulator. It could crash, or overwhelm your PC, even overheat it or damage it. But, if you have high specs (that match a phone), you’re good to go.
Using an emulator will allow you also to download the Twitch Android or iOS app. Then, you can use a correlated adblocker. Many emulators come with built-in services.
But, in most cases, when you play a Twitch Video, you can click on ‘Learn More’ for the ad. This will skip the ad. So, if you want skippable ads, this is a great choice.
11. Try Streamlink Twitch GUI
Streamlink Twitch GUI is a great web application for Twitch Users. It allows you to download an app that works with Twitch TV. You can download it according to the OS that you’re using.
After that, you can browse and play any Twitch TV video and bypass the advertisements. When you do that, it also lets you select any third-party app for you to use. In exchange, you get free access to Twitch quality content.
You can download it from here.
12. Use Twitch 5 (Alternate Twitch Player)
Alternate Twitch Player was once known as Twitch 5. It is a highly beneficial tool for Twitch users. With it, you can play Twitch Videos on alternative players. Thus, you can use VLC Media Player or any other third-party player.
This step also helps in bypassing any advertisements. It is an extension available for any Chromium-based browser. So, you can go ahead and give it a try to see if this solves your issue.
13. Subscribe To The Streamer
This option is great for users that watch selected channels. If you’re one of the people who have one or two streamers, or just a selected group, you can subscribe. By subscribing to them, you pay a minimal amount. This supports the content creators.
Additionally, you won’t have to worry about any advertisements from them. It is a significant step. Instead of buying any premium service of Adblocker, consider this option.
14. Use Twitch Turbo
Just like the previous suggestion, you can subscribe to Twitch Turbo. This option is better than subscribing to any third-party ad blocker for Twitch TV. Why? Because Twitch Turbo comes with a lot of extra features.
More importantly, you won’t have to worry about advertisements. It can be quite affordable with free trials or bonuses for you. This is also your last resort if none of the other given options work.
Conclusion – Adblock Doesn’t Work To Block Twitch TV Ads
These are almost all solutions to help you enhance your viewing experience on a PC or mobile platform. Remember that these won’t work for any pop-up ad on third-party platforms. It is strictly for Twitch TV users. But yes, many Adblocks, like Adblock Plus, allow you to block pop up, as well.
We have tried to compile the best list for you from browser solution to system solution. So, we hope that you found your Twitch Solution for blocking ads, pop-ups and other errors post.
FAQs – Adblock Doesn’t Work On Twitch
Is There A Way To Fix Adblock For Twitch TV?
The best way to fix an Adblock for Twitch TV is by reinstalling it. Make sure to clear the browser cache when you do so. Keep the Adblocker up to date, and you won’t run into any problems related to it. If errors persist, you can try a different AdBlock. In most cases, there shouldn’t be a need to fix AdBlock.
Can You Try AdGuard To Block Twitch TV Ads?
Yes. AdGuard is also one of the best options and Adblockers available. You can go ahead and use it to block Twitch TV Ads. It is growing as a leading tool for blocking ads. You can download it here.
What Is A User Agent Switcher For Twitch TV Ads?
User-Agent Switcher can help you change a little text description of your device. It can help you fool the website, device or even the web browsers. By doing so, you can access various websites and content for free. Some examples are using Android or Mobile websites on Google Chrome Web Browser. It has also proven itself a great workaround to enable Twitch TV without watching ads. So, you can give it a try.
Is Twitch Turbo Worth It For Users?
Twitch Turbo doesn’t just disable advertisements for you. It also comes with an array of features. You gain access to emoticons and custom chat colors. You stand a chance to be recognized by the streamers, even as a user. There are many other benefits like broadcast storage. Overall, it could be worth the investment. If not, you can always get a premium adblocker that works on other websites, as well.