Twitch TV is a popular app for people to stream gaming content. You can find a lot of professional gamers playing various games. It allows new players to join and stream content, as well. There are many lucrative features on the platform.
One such feature is its compatibility. You can use it on almost any device without any problem. But, they often require an activation code. What is this activation code, and how can you use it? This guide covers the information on the Twitch TV activation code. You also learn how to activate your Twitch Account on different devices. Let’s begin:
Get An Account To Receive Twitch TV/Activate Code
You need to have a Twitch TV account before you Activate Twitch account. The activation code works like two-factor authentication for you. It ensures you’re the only one using the Twitch TV app, not some intruder.
Thus, you will need two devices. One will be where you want to activate Twitch TV. The other will be a Smartphone, Tablet, PC, or Laptop. You need these to open the web browser to enter the code.
Remember that each device only provides a specific code. If you fail to use it, you will have to relaunch the App or even redownload it.
This being said, you need an account. For that:
- You can either visit the official Twitch TV Website or download the app on your smartphone.
- Next, follow through with the signup or registration process.
- Make sure to provide the correct information and credentials. Don’t forget the username and password. You will need this to log in to other devices.
There’s no need for you to subscribe to Twitch TV. The app is free for you to stream content. But, you can always subscribe if you don’t want to see Advertisements, among other things. You don’t need a premium subscription to activate Twitch TV on any device.
Twitch TV is like YouTube for gamers. You can stream the free version on many devices. But the premium (Subscribed) account will have a usage limit.
Solutions To Activate Twitch Account
- Activate Twitch TV On Xbox Console
- Activate Twitch TV On PlayStation
- Activate Twitch TV On Roku
- Activating Twitch TV On Apple TV
- Activating Twitch TV On Android And iOS Devices (Smartphones)
How To Activate Twitch Account On Different Devices?
1. Activate Twitch TV On Xbox Console
Twitch supports the Xbox console. You can easily access it on your Microsoft console.
- First, make sure that you have the official Twitch app for Xbox. Download it by visiting Microsoft Store on your Xbox.
- Launch the Twitch TV app and sign in to your account.
- This should redirect you to the activation page immediately. It will show you a code. Don’t close the app or remove the code. Copy it or take a screenshot if you have to.
- You will have to get it on your Smartphone or PC. Visit the link twitch.tv/activate on the web browser. There, you will have to provide the code. It might also ask you to log into the account on the Browser if you aren’t already logged in.
- Once done, click on Activate.
2. Activate Twitch TV On PlayStation
Like your Xbox, you can launch and use the Twitch TV app on your PlayStation. You need to have at least a PS3 to do so. Yes, it is compatible with PS4 and PlayStation 5. So, feel free to use any of those:
- First, visit the store on your PlayStation to download the Twitch TV app. Then log in to your account.
- Once again, a code will appear. Visit the twitch.tv/activate on a separate device. Enter the code and click Activate.
3. Activate Twitch TV On Roku
As we all know, Roku is an excellent initiative for bringing us smart viewing on TV. We can access our favorite channels and other streaming apps like a channel. Similarly, Twitch TV is compatible with these smart viewing devices like Roku.
You can activate it on your device by following this guide:
- Go to the Home on your Roku device.
- Search for Twitch and download it. You can click on the Add Channel option for this.
- Go ahead and open the Twitch App. If you log in, it might ask for an activation code. Once again, visit the twitch.tv/activate link on computer or phone.
- Log in to the account there and provide the same code. Click Activate, and you’re good to go.
4. Activating Twitch TV On Amazon Firestick
Just like Roku, Twitch is available for Amazon Fire Stick users, as well. The Amazon Fire Stick provides your TV with a smartphone or Smart TV infrastructure. So, it is not as easy as adding a channel. You will have to:
- Launch your Fire Stick and then go to the Apps.
- Find and download Twitch from the options.
- Launch the Application. It will work just like on a Smartphone.
- Next, you will log in and get the activation code.
- Visit the browser and the link, just like on any other device.
- Provide the Code, click Activate, and you’re good to go.
5. Activating Twitch TV On Apple TV
Activating Twitch TV on Apple TV is different. An Apple TV also brings you the same infrastructure as their iOS devices. The cross-compatibility and ease of using apps are pretty phenomenal. Thus, all you need to do is:
- Switch on your Apple TV.
- Visit the official App Store on your Apple TV.
- Find and download the Twitch TV app.
- Launch it and log in by using your account’s credentials.
- There’s no need to provide a security code or anything else.
6. Activating Twitch On Android and iOS Devices (Smartphones)
Activate Twitch account on an Android or iOS device is the easiest method. It doesn’t need any activation code. All you need to do is:
- Visit the Play Store or App Store on your mobile.
- Search for and download the Twitch TV app.
- Go ahead and log in by providing a username and password.
- That’s all. There’s no activation code for you to use.
Conclusion – Get Twitch TV/Activate Code For Any Device
Now you know everything about activating twitch on different devices. As you can see, the process is more or less similar. But the walkthrough will help you take care of any confusion. The twitch TV activation code and other methods will also depend on the region you’re in.
Make sure not to use a VPN service while twitch activate account on a new device. With that said, go ahead and enjoy your favorite gamers and gameplay.
What To Do If Twitch TV Activation Code Is Not Working?
It is a 6-digit activation code. A Twitch TV activation code should work if you enter the correct digits. Make sure to pay attention to the uppercase and lowercase letters. If it is still not working, try these steps:
1. Check The Email
You will receive a backup code if you have provided an email address. Feel free to open your email account and check for the verification code.
2. Reactivate The Device
You will have to go to the Menu > Twitch > Activation. You will find an option to receive and use the code again. See if this step works for you.
If not, you might have to reinstall the entire app on the device.
3. Invisible Code Error
If you’re using Dark Mode on Twitch, you won’t be able to see the code. It might even show nothing and confuse you. So, ensure to increase the display’s brightness or remove the Dark Theme.
FAQs – Use TwitchTV STreams On Any Device
How To Activate Twitch TV On Computer?
You can directly visit Twitch TV’s official website. From there, you don’t have to download any app. There’s a computer app available, but no need. Use the browser version. It is straightforward, and you don’t need any activation code.
Is There Any Need To activate Twitch Account?
If you want to subscribe to Twitch TV, getting an account is the best way. As Twitch TV works like YouTube, you need an account to comment, like, and subscribe to. If you want to personalize your collection, you need an account. Similarly, if you’re a streamer, you will need a Twitch TV Account.
Should You Buy A Twitch TV Subscription?
The subscription comes with various benefits like no advertisements. You get better notifications and services. But, the main reason for subscribing to Twitch TV is to support the content creators. By subscribing to Twitch TV and their accounts, you are boosting their productivity and helping them to keep playing.
Can You Use TwitchTV On Any Device?
Yes. You can use Twitch TV on almost any device today. It is available on nearly every Smartphone app. If your device supports HTML5, it will work with Twitch TV. This being said, it won’t work with older devices.